Thursday, October 20, 2011

Episode 2 - The Second Episode

Hey world. Remember me? It's been a year and a half and I have had a total of, wait for it, ZERO READS! Well done, John the ENFP. I'm so proud of you.

One thing you have to know about ENFPs is that we get really excited about starting things but we have trouble going through with them. So if you're surprised that I haven't written in a while, non-existent readers, that is why.

I mentioned previously that my interests in life revolve around the television show "30 Rock" and me. That is a lie. I also think about the television show "The West Wing." Also, Oprah. So there you have it. 30 Rock, myself, The West Wing, and Oprah. Maybe also grammar. And Christmas. Anyway, I love a lot of things. But today/night, I want to talk about family. And the reason I want to talk about family is because I recently saw The Father of the Bride Parts I and II.

Yes, you will come to find out that most things that I talk about are inspired by TV or movies. But The Father of the Bride movies are incredible. If you haven't seen them, I suggest that you do. Steve Martin and Diane Keaton are in them, so that should be reason enough to watch them. Anyway, the plot revolves around George Banks (Steve Martin) and how his daughter gets married (Part I) then has a baby (Part II). Being the typical father that he is, he freaks out both times. The themes, however, are what strike me the most. Banks is tremendously involved in all aspects of his family. He is in love with his wife and kids, and it makes me want to have a family.

And by family, I mean babies. I LOVE BABIES. The clumsier, the better. I love when two-year-olds get really excited, start bouncing up and down, and then fall on their bottom. How can anyone hate kids after seeing that? I don't understand. My favorite baby is Burgess Galligan, son of my brother's best friend. Burgess is two, I think. He's blonde and smiles constantly. I've never heard him cry, which is good, and he loves me, which is also good. He especially loves when I hold him upside down and spin him around a little bit. He starts cracking up, you know, with that baby laugh. It's almost too much. Almost. But I never get enough. I could play with him all day if his parents let me.

They don't.

So you can add babies to the list of things that I love. But watching these movies have made me miss my family, and more importantly, my childhood. It sucks growing up. When I was ten, I couldn't wait to be thirteen. Then I couldn't wait to be sixteen. Then I couldn't wait to be eighteen. Now I want to be five. But we all grow up and have to deal with the responsibilities of getting older (i.e. college). I guess it's just one of those things (also, taxes). Anyway, there you have it. My second post. I'll probably talk about childhood again and how I'm obsessed with being a kid at Christmas (when I try to recreate being a kid at Christmas, my family tends to roll their eyes). Until then, I'm just going to watch television.

1 comment: