Sunday, October 30, 2011

Episode 5 - This Is Halloween

Halloween comes and stress comes with it. As an ENFP, I like to think that I am creative enough to come up with good costume ideas. Apparently, I’m not. I take that back. I have GREAT ideas (Kenneth the Page, Buddy the Elf, Kenny Powers the human) but I can never make anything that actually looks like what I’m trying to convey.

So what happens instead? I wear an Under Armor (whatsup, product placement) turtleneck, overalls, a Santa Hat, and Crocs. I’m “A Tennessee Christmas.” See? Even at Halloween I only think about Christmas. But let me explain to you why the costume was surprisingly impacting. CROCS. Royal blue Crocs. Here’s a secret, I love my Crocs. I wear them often. Daily, in fact. One day, I will be brave enough to wear them to class. One day. I honestly think that Crocs should become socially acceptable. Are they retro yet? No? I didn’t think so.

The reason Crocs are great is that they are comfortable and practical. Who cares that they make you look like a toddler? Toddlers are awesome.

But, Halloween. People get really “in” to Halloween. Some girls become very confident in their bodies and show a lot of skin. Some guys try really hard to be iconic characters from movies (The Joker is a favorite). Some people just refuse to dress up citing that they didn’t have time to make a costume or forgot that Halloween happens. Number 1) That’s a lie. Number 2) You actually might be cooler if you don’t dress up. Number 3) Yeah, the cool kids don’t dress up.

So there you have it. I give Halloween about a B. Crocs get an A+. Add them to the list.

Final thought: Is "The Nightmare Before Christmas" a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie? I've never really understood.

1 comment: