Monday, October 24, 2011

Episode 3 - The List

I wanted to write about singing or twitter, but instead I’m going to write about Christmas. My excuse for writing about Christmas before Halloween is because my mother has already asked me for my Christmas list. Yes, the list. Some people, like my friend Bailey, have a running list that they keep throughout the year. These are the people who never get enough. They always want more stuff. “I want a chocolate lab.” “I want a Four Runner.” “I want a Tervis Tumbler with the Dr. Pepper logo on it.” “I want Mucinex.”

Some of us, on the other hand, have more trouble when it comes to deciding what we want. It’s the weirdest thing. Everyday I look forward to Christmas but I’m always blind sided when my mom asks for my Christmas list. When I was little, I never asked for anything. I just woke up and everything that I wanted was there, even if I didn’t know that I wanted it. Santa is pretty good at guessing what people want at the Newman house. Last year I asked for season 1 of The West Wing on DVD. Instead, I got the entire series. Santa gets work done.

So this year, I’ve started putting together a rough draft for my Christmas list.
Subaru Outback (any model from the last four years is fine)
Concert tickets to any of the following: Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, the Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, or Jimmy Buffett
Super Bowl tickets (but only if the Titans play)
A contract with Saturday Night Live
A pony (duh)

Mom, since I know you’re reading this, I prefer that the Subaru be either gold or grey. Also, if Bill Clinton could be my guest to the Dixie Chicks concert, I would like that a lot. Finally, if none of these things seem plausible, I would just like for all of you to remember that miracles DO happen. Proof: 45 people have read my blog. FORTY FIVE! Good job, world. And Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I have not received your list. You have 12 days to respond.

    ReplyDelete